Monday, June 1, 2009

A Couple of years ago, I was employed with one of the largest REIT's in the country. I had the pleasure of completing lease or commercial property transaction with many companies.  Although I have moved on from the company I was with, I am still in the Commercial Real Estate Business as an owner, providing expert advise to businesses such as yours looking to acquire commercial real estate space for lease or sale.  
 
Whatever you decide, don't go into your lease renewal or new lease alone.  Have representation before the Landlord tries to negotiate your lease or renewal with you.
 
Here are three facts to consider, before discussing a Lease with a Landlord:
 

  • Is the Landlord looking out for your best interest?
    • Most Landlords are represented by a Landlord Internal or Exclusive Representative.  This person has been trained to negotiate your Lease with you in the most attractive way for the Landlord, so that the building owner can have more money in his pocket.
  • Have you considered other commercial real estate options?
    • Today it is a Tenant's Market. Most Tenant's falsely believe that they should not look at other space because it would cost too much to move.  Although it is costly to move an office, it has been proven that it could possibly cost you more to stay in your current space because you would be paying above market rents with your current escalations.
  • Are you being represented?
    • Would you go to court without an attorney by your side?
    • Would you climb Mt. Everest without a guide? 
    • Would you fly a plane without a Pilot?
    • Of course not!  You would retain an expert in the field to assist you with your adventures and the same goes for Commercial Real Estate.  Lease Transactions are extremely complicated and time consuming to negotiate.  I negotiate leases for a living, daily.  I know the ins and outs of a lease.  I know what the Landlord will try to do to capitalize on your vulnerability.  I have been on both sides of the lease transaction, and I know what it takes to get a lease over the goal line.
    • Best of all my services are generally paid for by the Landlord.
For more information on my services, please visit my website at westcommercialrealty.com . There you will find many useful tools and information on my services.  As always you can reach me direct at the information below to schedule an informal meeting to discuss your current lease situation.
 
Thank you for your time and consideration.  I look forward to hearing from you when the time is right.
 
 
 Current Representation Requirements
  • Medical Office User 10,000 rsf Downtown Orlando
  • Law Firm 2,000 rsf Orlando
  • Health Care Representation Co 8,000 rsf Southwest
  • Insurance Co 10,000 rsf Southwest
  • Environmental Services Co 5,000 West Orange
  • Medical Office 90,000 rsf for sale $40m
  • Office Building Class B for sale $10m
Over $70 million in represented transactions throughout my career. To all of you that have made me a success, THANK You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment