Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Commercial RE Orlando

As the market begins to fall into the pit of the valley, commercial real estate practitioners are starting to wonder, just how will I make it in 2010. We are at the mid-year mark, and most of us (if not all of us) have seen a significant decline in our annual revenue production. I am actually having a great year.....not the best revenue year, but for this market, a great year.

I am happy to report that I have spoken with several brokers and that most are feeling the same pressures today that they have been feeling for the last two years. Are we at the end? Who knows and I am not about to profess that I know that answer. All I know is, I can only control the things in which I do for my business daily.

Controlling your business:

"Mind your own Business" my father once told me. Never did I realize that this was pointing to the subject of sales, goals, business growth, etc. The problem today is that we all get caught up in the he said she said, ...BS of business (for lack of a better term). What we all need to do is focus on growing our business. How do we grow our business in a stale or declined market? Well, the answer lies within your early career years. Remember when you were a ROOKIE? What did the "Old Guy" in the office tell you about this business. Maybe he told you to:

  • go knock on doors
  • pound the pavement
  • generate leads
  • research
  • talk to everyone as if they were a potential client
  • ask how can I help your business (grow, expand, renew, downsize, look for new markets, etc)
  • If you don't kill something today, you won't eat
  • Be a king, not a peasant
  • Tomorrow is too late

Well, whatever your motivation, enthusiasm, or excitement was, you MUST find it again. Commercial Real Estate brokers control their clients, control the market, and control how much money they make. Take back control of your business. MIND YOUR BUSINESS. Rewards will follow.

Good Luck and remember my saying: Always make One More Call!

No comments:

Post a Comment